Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Aloha COTS sealed...

Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:32 am

Look here folks :

http://www.ebay.it/itm/ELVIS-PROMO-LP-A ... 4d09781686

Funny isnt'it ?

We have seen everything now.....COTS LP unsealed with sticker on cover...COTS LP half-sealed with sticker on wrap....COTS LP sealed with sticker on wrap....

now ladies & gentlemen >>>>>>>>>>>>>>

the COTS LP sealed....with sticker UNDER THE WRAP !!!!!!!!!!

L.M.A.O. !!!!!!!

Re: Aloha COTS sealed...

Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:32 am

It never stops I suppose .
Hound Dog Man I am surprised you didn't notice his other auction for the Sealed Green Vinyl Moody Blue LP .
It says it belonged to George Klein given to him by Elvis himself .

Elvis must have given it to him from the grave somehow .........

What some people will try & do .

Lets bombard the idiot with messages .

Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:26 pm

can i just say the seller is a good guy and user on this forum, what he sells are things from his collection and if he says something its because thats what he was told. TCB Jamie

Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:57 pm

I know the very first pressings of the Aloha album did not have the song titles printed on the cover. I'm not terribly familiar with this version beyond the cover stickers. Shouldn't this also not have the songs printed on the cover?

Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Now if the price was inclusive of postage, it would be a real bargain. :roll:

Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:35 pm

Steve Morse wrote:Now if the price was inclusive of postage, it would be a real bargain. :roll:

yeah...bargain ! and a fabulous sealed COTS LP w/stkr under the wrap !!!

LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! UAWAUWAWAWAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!! :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:44 pm

memphis-bell31 wrote:can i just say the seller is a good guy and user on this forum, what he sells are things from his collection and if he says something its because thats what he was told. TCB Jamie

Well let's see if the "good guy " pulls the listing now that he knows it's fake.. (once again). :roll:

Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:21 pm

promiseland wrote:
memphis-bell31 wrote:can i just say the seller is a good guy and user on this forum, what he sells are things from his collection and if he says something its because thats what he was told. TCB Jamie

Well let's see if the "good guy " pulls the listing now that he knows it's fake.. (once again). :roll:

How come its fake? i know jack sh*t about records and to be honest dont care , but this guy does buy from a lot of different sorces and i have seen some of his collection, as for it being fake i would only ad he didnt know( if it is fake). all the best TCB Jamie

Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:43 pm

Sounds like Seller is aware of fakes... In Description - Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing... "THE CHICKEN OF THE SEA STICKER IS UNDER THE WRAP UNLIKE MANY FAKES WHERE THE STICKER IS ON TOP THE WRAP !!!"

Seller should mention in Description... All stickers from RCA should have the album cat# and this was NOT done by RCA at the factory.

Btw seller has Refunds are not accepted.

Thu Feb 14, 2013 6:54 pm

EPA4368 wrote:Sounds like Seller is aware of fakes... In Description - Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing... "THE CHICKEN OF THE SEA STICKER IS UNDER THE WRAP UNLIKE MANY FAKES WHERE THE STICKER IS ON TOP THE WRAP !!!"

Seller should mention in Description... All stickers from RCA should have the album cat# and this was NOT done by RCA at the factory.

Bloody heck he`s going to be pissed at that !!! poor sod TCB Jamie

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:11 pm

Ditto on all above regarding the Chicken LP ,but did you guys see the other item he has up I mentioned .
RCA Production Staff did the colored Vinyl Moody Blues after Elvis had died .It was there way of cashing in (which they did) .
Also if there was ever a piece that is more valuable opened rather than sealed these Colored Moody Blues are it ...........

Thu Feb 14, 2013 7:41 pm

ElvisFan wrote:Ditto on all above regarding the Chicken LP ,but did you guys see the other item he has up I mentioned .
RCA Production Staff did the colored Vinyl Moody Blues after Elvis had died .It was there way of cashing in (which they did) .
Also if there was ever a piece that is more valuable opened rather than sealed these Colored Moody Blues are it ...........

Exactly! But mentioning "Still Sealed" will attract certain buyers and they will not realize it's a fake until it's too late. And from a seller's view, although this seller has a no return policy, most return policies say it's the buyer's responsibility for returning an item in the same condition. In this case... still sealed.

Regarding Seller's Aloha COTS sealed listing... Reading description... Seller does mention a promo but does NOT mention it's from RCA. Although seller has a no return policy for this item too, it's unlikely a buyer will get any refund pointing out it's not an original.

Gotta give special thanks to "Hound Dog 2000" for identifying more fakes being listed.

Thank you, Hound Dog 2000! ::rocks

Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:35 am

It NEVER existed a COTS LP in my opinion. It was an other fabrication-of-history created by the same foxy vinyl merchants who now are on eBay and other online auction web sites.

Chicken Of The Sea & Van Camps got NO INFO , NO LISTING NOTES, NOTHING, in their files which proves they released such sticker way back in 1973.

Ask them your self and you will see. I already did and posted here what they replied to me.

Again: making an "homemade" sticker with actual printing technology costs less then 1 buck !

Gluing "homemade" stickers on wrapping and/or on a picture sleeve costs to POOR BUYERS...HUNDREDS OF BUCKS !

See what I mean ?

Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:42 am

Seller Re-listed Moody Blue unsealed opened and lowered starting bid.

ELVIS LP MOODY BLUE GREEN TEST PRESSING MINT & NEVER PLAYED
Starting bid: GBP 800.00 [ 0 bids ]
Approximately US $1,243.68

"RE-LISTED TO CONFIRM COLOUR & HAPPY TO SAY IT IS GREEN & NOT A FAKE !!!"

"COVER STILL HAS WRAP FROM ME OPENING"

No returns or exchanges, but item is covered by eBay Buyer Protection.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ELVIS-LP-MOODY- ... 4d099d9634

Have to give Seller credit for opening album and highlighting it's NOT a fake. :smt023

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:00 am

Info about Moody blue,
http://elvis-tkc.com/forum2/lofiversion ... 15930.html

Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:20 pm

EPA4368 wrote:Sounds like Seller is aware of fakes... In Description - Seller assumes all responsibility for this listing... "THE CHICKEN OF THE SEA STICKER IS UNDER THE WRAP UNLIKE MANY FAKES WHERE THE STICKER IS ON TOP THE WRAP !!!"

Thanks for clearing that up . All this points to a Con.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:20 pm

First let me start off by writing, that I have never personally held or seen one of these in person. I have only read many sources over the years and seen many different pictures. I also would like to write that I am not accusing anyone of any faul play, these are just my observations for this listing.

There are couple of key issues that set off red flags for me about this listing:

1. The COTS sticker is under the shrinkwrap. If this is so and the COTS sticker is NOT considered an official RCA sticker, then why would the sticker be applied directly to the cover, then returned to RCA to shrinkwrap with offical RCA sticker in upper left corner? It doesn't appear that happened. Look closely, correct me if I am wrong, the RCA sticker is also under the shrinkwrap and applied directly to the cover. This doesn't make sense as no other copies with and without COTS sticker have sticker applied directly to the cover. Another thing to note about the official RCA sticker are the edges, they are not smooth, yet jagged as if cut or damaged. Cut could imply manufactured sticker and damaged could imply removed from shrinkwrap and applied to cover. If the COTS sticker is RCA then why then would it not be applied to the shrinkwrap like any other copy found and likely contain some designation on the sticker like VPSX-6089-0 or VPSX-6089.

Note: The RCA sticker under the shrinkwrap is a visual exam from the eBay auction. This could be clarified by contacting the seller.

2. This is the RE cover. Not the original cover without song titles on back and with song title song title sticker applied to the shrinkwrap. Any other copy that I have seen all have sticker applied to shrinkwrap with original cover.

Here is an example from Heritage Auctions. A respected auction house, that from time to time also makes mistakes, but this copy is consistant with many that have been seen:
http://entertainment.ha.com/c/item.zx?s ... 0451045768

A few more examples:
http://collectorsfrenzy.com/details/390 ... r_Promo_LP
http://collectorsfrenzy.com/details/261 ... 3_PROMO_LP
http://www.popsike.com/ELVIS-PRESLEY-AL ... 86858.html

Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:49 pm

elvisrecords.us wrote:First let me start off by writing, that I have never personally held or seen one of these in person. I have only read many sources over the years and seen many different pictures. I also would like to write that I am not accusing anyone of any faul play, these are just my observations for this listing.

There are couple of key issues that set off red flags for me about this listing:

1. The COTS sticker is under the shrinkwrap. If this is so and the COTS sticker is NOT considered an official RCA sticker, then why would the sticker be applied directly to the cover, then returned to RCA to shrinkwrap with offical RCA sticker in upper left corner? It doesn't appear that happened. Look closely, correct me if I am wrong, the RCA sticker is also under the shrinkwrap and applied directly to the cover. This doesn't make sense as no other copies with and without COTS sticker have sticker applied directly to the cover. Another thing to note about the official RCA sticker are the edges, they are not smooth, yet jagged as if cut or damaged. Cut could imply manufactured sticker and damaged could imply removed from shrinkwrap and applied to cover. If the COTS sticker is RCA then why then would it not be applied to the shrinkwrap like any other copy found and likely contain some designation on the sticker like VPSX-6089-0 or VPSX-6089.

Note: The RCA sticker under the shrinkwrap is a visual exam from the eBay auction. This could be clarified by contacting the seller.

2. This is the RE cover. Not the original cover without song titles on back and with song title song title sticker applied to the shrinkwrap. Any other copy that I have seen all have sticker applied to shrinkwrap with original cover.

Here is an example from Heritage Auctions. A respected auction house, that from time to time also makes mistakes, but this copy is consistant with many that have been seen:

A few more examples:

First Red flag, COTS sticker doesn't have a RCA cat#. Why? Any sticker not having the RCA cat# was NOT done by RCA at the factory. Nor was the sticker. No one has provided any documentation through any official RCA letters, advertisements and RCA catalogs showing the COTS sticker attached to any Aloha album.

Second Red flag, No one has provided any documentation through any official COTS company letters and/or advertisements showing the COTS sticker attached to any Aloha album. I guess company owning the COTS brand wanted to keep this top secret.

Price Guides are not the Bible, just a guide. Unfortunately, some well known Elvis Sellers listing/selling fakes have provided input.

Unless an item is an original, how do you know if your not comparing a fake to another fake? Some cases they're more fakes than originals. And in some cases, they're all fakes.

Elvis websites showing images of rare Elvis items should identify the source of the image and/or mentioned they don't know if it's an original imo.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:51 pm

elvisrecords.us wrote:First let me start off by writing, that I have never personally held or seen one of these in person. I have only read many sources over the years and seen many different pictures. I also would like to write that I am not accusing anyone of any faul play, these are just my observations for this listing.

A few more examples:

All correct Paul : +1

What does all that means so ?

Very simple: the seller (or who owned the LP before) made an homemade sealing...putting the LP on sale as original sealed !

The same old trick.

Again: the COTS Lp is just a URBAN-LEGEND sprided over the years by foxy vinyl merchants who got the input by someone much more foxy than them who made such fabrication-of-history way back in 70s-80s !

RCA USA never released such COTS sticker...Van Camps neither.

All the COTS LP copy you see around are all fakes...some made way back in 70s-80s others made nowdays using modern printing & graphic SW technology.

:idea: Someone should tell Uncle Osborne to re-write well his "bible"....lmao.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 7:58 pm

EPA4368 wrote:

A few more examples:

First Red flag, COTS sticker doesn't have a RCA cat#. Why? Any sticker not having the RCA cat# was NOT done by RCA at the factory. Nor was the sticker. No one has provided any documentation through any official RCA letters, advertisements and RCA catalogs showing the COTS sticker attached to any Aloha album.

Second Red flag, No one has provided any documentation through any official COTS company letters and/or advertisements showing the COTS sticker attached to any Aloha album. I guess company owning the COTS brand wanted to keep this top secret.

Price Guides are not the Bible, just a guide. Unfortunately, some well known Elvis Sellers listing/selling fakes have provided input.

Unless an item is an original, how do you know if your not comparing a fake to another fake? Some cases they're more fakes than originals. And in some cases, they're all fakes.

Elvis websites showing images of rare Elvis items should identify the source of the image and/or mentioned they don't know if it's an original imo.

Well said Joe: 100% agree. +1

Glad to hear collectors starting to use their own mind rather than trust on "vinyl bibles" only.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:19 pm

Hound Dog 2000 wrote: :idea: Someone should tell Uncle Osborne to re-write well his "bible"....lmao.

Excellent Point! :smt023

I contacted Osborne several times but still no reply.

We ALL should be contacting Osborne asking Jerry to show proof - documentation from RCA and/or company owning the COTS brand that the COTS sticker is legit OR re-write his price guides indicating no proof has surfaced and albums having the COTS sticker are fakes!

Anyone know if Osborne's latest book has a list of people who contributed to his book? It would be interesting to see who's on the list.

Last edited by EPA4368 on Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 8:32 pm

The sticker was shown in a book called Elvis covers around the world i think that's what the book is called.I know a guy that said you can make copies of the sticker using a scanner.

Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:23 pm

I recall at a convention many years ago, a person that worked at COTS saying he never saw or heard about anything being released by COTS and thought it was unusual because of it being attached to Elvis. He also mentioned the COTS logo didn't look correct and doubted they would approve altering it on any promotional item. Elvis collectors jumped all over this guy, saying he was nuts by showing him Osborne's price guide. Well, little did we know at the time and believing Osborne's books, the guy from COTS was correct. We just didn't want to believe him.

Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:09 am

Sold

Seller's Return Policy: No returns or exchanges, but item is covered by eBay Buyer Protection. It's unlikely Buyer will get any refund pointing out it's not an original. Seller does mention a promo but does NOT mention it's from RCA.

Approximately US $2,328.60...

Sun Feb 17, 2013 12:37 am

EPA4368 wrote:Sold

Seller's Return Policy: No returns or exchanges, but item is covered by eBay Buyer Protection. It's unlikely Buyer will get any refund pointing out it's not an original. Seller does mention a promo but does NOT mention it's from RCA.

Approximately US $2,328.60...

That's all really unbelievable....and weird at same time.

Like the Colonel used to say when someone asked him why he went on selling Elvis memorabilia outside the stadiums ...:

" well...some idiot prompt buying my stuff will be always out there"