Anything about Elvis
More than 30 Million visitors can't be wrong

Incredible....and at my library :)

Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:26 pm

I was able to lend the "A Boy from Tupelo" release at my library today......free of charge :D
Can have it for 4 weeks before returning it.One employee at the library must be a huge Elvis fan
since they have this one in stock.Very surprised .......= understatement of the year 8)
I now really understand the high prize......it "weighs a ton"

Re: Incredible....and at my library :)

Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:44 pm

KingElvis wrote:I was able to lend the "A Boy from Tupelo" release at my library today......free of charge :D
Can have it for 4 weeks before returning it.One employee at the library must be a huge Elvis fan
since they have this one in stock.Very surprised .......= understatement of the year 8)

How much does your library chrge one if they happen to "lose" a book? :wink:

Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:21 pm

hm80ep wrote:
KingElvis wrote:I was able to lend the "A Boy from Tupelo" release at my library today......free of charge :D

How much does your library chrge one if they happen to "lose" a book? :wink:

One of my favorite episodes of Seinfeld...

Seinfeld - The Library Cop

phpBB [video]

Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:17 pm

hm80ep wrote:

How much does your library charge one if they happen to "lose" a book? :wink:

:D
No idea but I`m sure it will be much cheaper than getting a copy on EBAY.
Looks like I`m the first one to lend it......looks brand new it only have some small library
info stickers on front box cover....and little writing on cds.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 7:48 pm

These are goimg for 280 quid on ebay. Wow!

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:50 pm

KingElvis wrote:
hm80ep wrote:

How much does your library charge one if they happen to "lose" a book? :wink:

:D
No idea but I`m sure it will be much cheaper than getting a copy on EBAY.
Looks like I`m the first one to lend it......looks brand new it only have some small library
info stickers on front box cover....and little writing on cds.

Please don't steal the library's copy of A Boy From Tupelo.

It will never be replaced, and you'll deny other good fans a chance to enjoy a crucial publication on Elvis' early years.

Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:57 pm

drjohncarpenter wrote:Please don't steal the library's copy of A Boy From Tupelo.

It will never be replaced, and you'll deny other good fans a chance to enjoy a crucial publication on Elvis' early years.

Hopefully he wasn't seriously considering that but just in case, I agree with John...

Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:22 pm

elvis-fan wrote:
drjohncarpenter wrote:Please don't steal the library's copy of A Boy From Tupelo.

Hopefully he wasn't seriously considering that but just in case, I agree with John...

Agreed. THAT would be criminal.

"Lose" something else. ;)

rjm
P.S. -- Well, "I have sinned." It was a book about J.M. Barrie. "Lost" on an airplane. The Doc is right: PLEASE don't do it with The Boy: it was such a generous thing to do: to donate it to the library. Some kid's gonna read it. That will be great!

Sun Feb 10, 2013 2:09 pm

And if you're really desperate for your own copy, please please PLEASE return it to the library and grab a REAL copy from eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Elvis-A-Boy-Fro ... 1c2ffeb3d6

Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:55 pm

elvis-fan wrote:

I will return the copy to the library......keeping it was never a issue.
I`m thinking of letting the library know that this release is now a rare item and they should
add more "property of" text in the book/box
Wouldnt surprise me if a other fan would keep it and pay the "lost item" fee.

Mon Feb 11, 2013 7:02 am

KingElvis wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:

I`m thinking of letting the library know that this release is now a rare item and they should

Cool. :) Actually, they can put it in the category of "not to be removed from the library." People can read it there, and listen there. Any time they want. The expense justifies such care.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:06 am

rjm wrote:
KingElvis wrote:
elvis-fan wrote:

Cool. :) Actually, they can put it in the category of "not to be removed from the library." People can read it there, and listen there. Any time they want. The expense justifies such care.

rjm

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

Excellent idea! :smt023

Mon Feb 11, 2013 11:53 am

rjm wrote: Actually, they can put it in the category of "not to be removed from the library." People can read it there, and listen there. Any time they want. The expense justifies such care.

rjm

Great minds think alike.